The corona virus is almost as contagious as the circus virus, but unfortunately the consequences for some people are far worse than those of the circus virus. Most people never recover from a serious infection with the circus virus.
Forecast from September 2020
For our weekly classes 2020-2021 we assume that everything will continue as planned.
Because we are no longer in the chapel because of renovations, we are going to new and more locations, met (mostly) smaller groups. Given the circumstances, that works out well.
Disinfection and hand washing will be part of our daily routine for a long time to come.
If there really is no other way, we can go back to online lessons, outside classes or we can double the groups and ask the participants to come only every two weeks. We hope, of course, that this will not be necessary.
Catch-up classes in June & free practice in July
31 May was normally our last day of classes and after extensive consultation we kept it that way. Only for groups that have not been able to do anything in the past few months catch-up lessons. Some free practice sessions also continued from June.
Specifically, it is about:
- – Acro balancing family, Groepsacro 18+ and AcroYoga (course nos 2, 4, 46 or 47): Monday 8 June 18u-19h30 in the Inner Garden on the Ruelensvest, o.l.v. Michaël Maley
- – Free training Circuit, inside Hal 5, starting from 5 July, on Sunday from 2 pm to 5 pm, for members and non-members. € 5.00 income. Free training = under the supervision of experienced teachers, but there is no teaching.
- – Airacro: for experienced aerial acrobats from 18 years of age
- – in the chapel hall: free training possible from 13 July, with at least 2 persons
- – in Hal 5: free training possible, with at least 2 persons
- At least time 1 request a week in advance at email@example.com
- – Free training Juggling, o.l.v. Wout Vanroose: on Wednesday 3, 10, 17, 24 June 17u30-19u in the Paul van Ostaijenpark – everyone brings their own juggling equipment.
- – the Nicolettes = Majoretten, twirling, replacement lessons, o.l.v. Nicole Calderon, on 8, 15, 22, 29 June, 6 or 13 July, 19u45-21u15, parking JBC.
- – Percussion & music (The Madammen, Molotov, Overalls, Cuberdon baguette) = replacement lessons
- – The Madammen: woe 10, 17 or 24/06 from 7.30 pm to 9 pm in the Seven Steps – max 20 persons at a time. Register via www.mysportsplanner.com
- – Acro Balance lev 1 or 2 and for Group Acro 18+ (normally on Monday): Handstand outside = replacement lessons, door Hanna & Toon – there is as yet no real partner acrobatics. On Thursday 4, 11, 18 or 25 June, outside to Hal 5 (gather at the back of the Exercise Hall; exit Diestsesteenweg).
- NIV 1: 18u-19u – Bring over: water, outdoor sports shoes
- NIV 2: 19in-20u30 – Bring over: water, outdoor sports shoes, yoga mat who has this, handstand tools who has and wants to use it (cannes, cubes)
Our circus year is very mixed up. Here is an overview.
– Almost immediately we started with Circus Corona, in different disciplines, with daily challenges & instructional videos. Our teachers have thrown themselves into the air!
– Our 2 gala voor stellingen, the Easter holiday internships & 2 Family Circus Sundays were canceled. The people who wanted it were refunded.
– We experimented during the Easter holidays (charge) with the first Online Easter internship
– Just about all applications (until August) for birthday parties, workshops, school projects and animations were postponed or (unfortunately) canceled.
– Open Slope, cirk & the presentation days were canceled.
– Also our international youth circus exchange CirkOOH! CirkAAH! got cancelled. As the 100 young people from 6 European countries do not get to us, there is not much to exchange, right. But … CirkOOH! CirkAAH! shall (hopefully) will take place next summer. Keep it started August 2021 so already free!
– On 27/04 we started with real online circus lessons, about the hours they normally went on, grouped by discipline. All parties involved have received emails about this, with a link to the digital chat room. It is different – many are really tired of all online situations – but we do what we can. Many also really enjoy this solution. Fortunately!
– On 6 May the curtain seemed to have fallen over the year 2019-2020. After all, all locations that we rent from the city of Leuven remain closed until 7 June. These are chapel room, Driving school and gym Heverlee. We are therefore in solidarity and will not be teaching in Hal 5, Apple garden or Seven Jump.
– As soon as it was allowed and allowed, and we thought that at the earliest 8 June would be, we did some catch-up lessons, especially for groups where no online offer is possible (eg percussion). It may be faster outside, ever since 18 may??
– Sure enough, on 18 May we could still start with outdoor lessons! What a happy reunion! Still before 2 weeks of normal lessons. Fortunately the weather was nice.
– Movie this shows how we deal with the new guidelines for distance and disinfection.
– From February 8 In June, some indoor classes were again possible – see above "catch-up lessons".
– Because we assume that our classes will just start again in September, registrations will continue as usual, since 26/04 can you for 2020-2021.
– The big party Bye Bye Broos will certainly not take place on 1 June. Maybe late September, because apparently the renovations only start in December.
– About the summer vacation internships: Since 3 June we know that our internships may continue, also indoors! Provided some special hygiene- and distance measures. There are still many places. You can still register for these internships.
– As you can read, Cirkus in Beweging does everything possible to offer its members alternative circus lessons. A lot of time and energy has crept into this and therefore money. That is why we chose in principle no refunds to do of the weekly classes that have been canceled. People who get into trouble because of this, can always respond personally to firstname.lastname@example.org. 10-turn cards remain valid until the turns are used up.
I. v. m. nd classes 2020-2021: we expect classes to start normally in September and we expect – like every year – your payment against 30/09. But, because we don't know if there will still be problems with corona in the fall, we ask you not to pay before 30/09. If there were indeed still problems by then, then we still have time to work out an alternative.
There will come a time after corona, and then the climate must become top priority again! The Cirkus in Beweging team wants to contribute to this.
The registrations for our weekly classes 2020-2021 started on Sunday 26/04.
You will see that with every lesson the (entirely without obligation) option state “AND, I would like 1 donate euros to plant a tree!”
Due to the corona situation it was not yet possible to communicate about this, but below you can read more about the underlying idea.
Leuven Boomt! an initiative of Cirkus in Beweging
Concept: the Leuven leisure sector collects money with which trees are planted indoors- and abroad.
How? By offering members at the annual registrations to give one euro more without obligation, which is transferred to BOS + Flanders. This organization will use half of the proceeds for planting trees in Flanders, and the other half for planting trees abroad. Bos + Vlaanderen was also our charity during the actions of the Warmest Week 2019.
Why? Because various scientific studies show that the most efficient way to combat global warming is still to plant more trees. Due to the many recent fires, this is more than ever necessary and current.
Who exactly? Next school year we will launch the initiative at Cirkus in Beweging, but afterwards we also hope youth movements, sports clubs, dance centers, involving hobby clubs for retirees or other target groups, and this through the amateur arts council of Leuven, culture council, sports council etc.
In the summer we have (for now still) 7 holiday action:
3 x PARKOUR advanced (14+), with Skating (8-15 years of age) and with Urban Acro (12+)
PREMIUM TRAINING Circus, Create & Yoga
2the-3rd kindergarten + 11st -2nd grade
FOREST CAMP in Lovenjoel
One Chicken Farm
6-12 years of age
6-12 years of age, with limitations
CIRCUS Wonderweek = Circus & Theater
6-12 years of age
MORE INFO & TO ENROLL: click on the green bars below. Sometimes you have to click through, because the holiday internships are grouped by theme.
From February 5 July, the free practice parkour will take place again @ Hal5.
For members and non-members, without registration
€ 5 to be paid on the spot
By 3 until 10 August Carrousel cycles through Flanders, from healthcare institution to healthcare institution, with a free presentation to thank the rescuers for their hard work over the past few months.
On 9 A closing festival takes place in August.
More info and tickets: https://facebook.com/
! Registration required !
Would you like to contribute? Then you can rely on ushttp://ow.ly/Y5yW50ApGtw to help us out.
Did you know that Cirkus in Beweging from September 2020 also organizes weekly circus lessons in Wijgmaal?
You can register from Sunday 26 April at 10am.
|Wednesday||13u30 - 15u||Multi circus 1st – 2nd grade|
|Wednesday||15u – 16u30||Multi circus 3nd – 4nd grade|
|Wednesday||13u30 - 18u||Multi circus 5nd – 6nd grade|
|Saturday||10u - 11u||Circo motor skills 4 years of age (°2016)|
|Saturday||11u - 12u||Circo motor skills 5 years of age (°2015)|